What is Fit4Life ?
Fit4life is a programme for all runners whether you are a complete beginner or a regular jogging/runner. The programme will help you to achieve improved levels of fitness and wellness within the club structure in a fun, sociable environment.
Sign up for our 2018 Programme.
Meet the Coach.
South Galway AC are proud to have Niall McGuinness as our Fit4Life coach. Niall is a qualified AAI level 2 coach with over 35 years experience in athletics. He has been running the Fit4Life program for the club for a number of years. You can sign up to our current Fit4Life program on our Membership Registration page.
Why Join a Fit4life Club?
For All Abilities
- Participants are grouped by ability for training sessions allowing runners / walkers to train at an appropriate level.
- There is progression from walking to jogging to running.
- No previous experience is needed.
- Let’s face it; it’s not easy to lead a healthy life and exercise! Knowing that there are others meeting up to train, will make it that bit harder to find an excuse not to go and it will motivate you to pull on your gear and get going.
- Having someone running right beside you will keep you moving and can push you a little harder than you might do on your own.
- Research also shows that people who train in a group are more likely to stick with it.
- When you train in a group it can definitely be a more fun experience.
- It offers the opportunity to make new acquaintances or to catch-up with friends.
- The fitter you get, the more talking you can do while you train!
- When you stick with a well-planned program, you will get the results and start to feel fitter and healthier.
- It can also ensure that you get fit enough to take on your first 5km challenge, to push on to a 10km or to make the leap to a 10 mile and beyond!
- A qualified Fit4Life leader, who has been trained by Athletics Ireland’s Coaching Team, sets out the training schedules suitable for your needs.
- By working with a knowledgeable coach your sessions will change / evolve as you progress, preventing hitting a plateau and boredom.
- You will also receive on-going support and guidance.
- The Programme operates within the existing athletics club network in the villages, towns and cities nationwide so you get to run with people in your own community.